Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size from entrepreneurs to iconic brands deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. Our goal is to help brands connect with their customers, get new ones, and use Customer-First Data to create amazing experiences. We work hard to empower brands and speed their path to success.
Were looking for a Senior Content Strategist who is up for the challenge of bringing our voice to life and represents Klaviyos commitment to user-centricity by curating clear, concise, and meaningful language to design end-to-end user experiences for our customers. As our first Content Strategist and UX Writer, you will work to define our brand voice in our products and service communications by creating guidelines and content strategies. Youll also oversee the development of our content system and the opportunity to help grow a first-class content practice within a growing design function.
How Youll Make a Difference
- Partner with UX design, research, product management, engineering, and brand partners to ensure a cohesive experience throughout the customer journey.
- Develop and drive a vision for product language, tone of voice, and content across touchpoints, ensuring cohesive narratives. Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and strategy principles.
- Bring a user-centered UX writing and content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, improving the overall experience and ensuring consistency.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, and cross functional stakeholders to understand business objectives, needs, and constraints while creating creative and thoughtful solutions
- Create simple, useful, and engaging content to make the end-product easier to use for customers through meaningful text, improved terminology, and concise definitions
- Ask for and incorporate feedback from stakeholders, teammates, and cross-functional partners
- Manage many projects, balance scope with timelines, and present proposed solutions to key stakeholders.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of writing for web or software with a focus on UX content strategy that drives global user acquisition, conversion, and growth.
- Youre a self-driven empath whos passionate about understanding customers needs and transforming complex experiences into plain language that helps them meet those needs.
- The ability to provide direction on multiple projects in various stages of the product lifecycle and deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Adept at taking ambiguous problems, deciphering the ask, and translating the challenge into easy-to-understand content.
- Experience crafting and governing content standards, terminology, and UX writing efforts at a software company.
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
Nice to Have Skills (not required)
- Experience with the internationalization of a product and the effect it has on content.
- Familiar with current best practices, principles, trends, and patterns in interactive design.
- Experience incorporating research, data, and customer feedback into proposed solutions.
- Comfortable with design tools like Figma.
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If youre a close but not exact match with the description, we hope youll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.