Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Management, the Senior Commercial Data Analyst will join the Veeva Compass Prescriber team to support the data analytics and data operations necessary to provide customers with high-quality delivery of Compass Prescriber data. The role involves monitoring, analyzing, and synthesizing prescription data, as well as designing processes for internal and customer execution success.
This role will be critical to the upcoming product launch of both Compass Prescriber and Compass National. These data products will provide HCP-level brand volume and sales projections, as well as sub-national and national projected data. You will have prior experience with data sources for commercial use cases such as targeting, field planning, and incentive compensation.
Youll work with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Analysts focused on designing and launching these projected data products. Youll also work closely with the Development, QA, and DevOps teams to operationalize the validation and delivery process.
This role is the right fit for you if you are a self-starter, excited about commercial analytics in the life sciences space, and enjoy problem-solving in the face of complex business questions.
What You'll Do
- Explore and derive insights from high volumes of prescription data to ensure accuracy, completeness, reliability, relevance, and timeliness
- Execute data querying, cleansing, and analysis
- Understand the impact of missing values, recognize discrepancies, and apply methods for deduplication
- Create SOPs for publishing Compass Prescriber data; ongoing management of delivery operations
- Articulate data quality nuances and issues to stakeholders so that they can understand the root cause and any resolution necessary
- Contribute meaningfully to process improvements for the team
- Monitor Compass data and perform investigations to understand the impact of various data dynamics to specific customers as well as broader data products; able to clearly communicate findings and results
- Build expertise on the data in Veeva Compass, contributing to documentation and validation reports
- Exploratory desk research to understand and triangulate prescription and patient volume for specific brands and therapeutic areas
- Collaborate with talented colleagues - Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Developers to ensure data is built and delivered with quality
- 5+ years of experience analyzing prescription data and medical claims data (knowledgeable in payer data)
- 5+ years of experience with the principles of data analysis and data quality
- Experience using secondary data for commercial operations and analytics such as field team planning, customer segmentation, or incentive compensation
- SQL skills; able to query and manipulate relational databases
- Knowledge of Industry Standard billing codes such as ICD, CPT/HCPCS, and NDC
- Eagerness to learn, a detail-oriented mindset, and a creative approach to problem-solving
- Experience illustrating and demonstrating data quality analysis results with key stakeholders (via Excel and/or Tableau)
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products
- Experience using collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM or quantitative field, or equivalent technical experience
Nice to Have
- Experience in the life science industry
- Experience working with an agile team
- Experience in Python or R is a plus
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.