Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are presently seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Buyer/Planner to support our purchasing group. They will also be adaptable and able to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- Process Purchase Order requests expeditiously, ensuring information is complete and requirements are properly documented through ERP/MRP
- Confirm delivery requirements with vendors to ensure material is delivered on time
- Follow up on orders, working proactively and communicating with vendors to ensure orders are complete and delivered on time
- Identify, resolve and escalate supplier issues as appropriate
- Set up new suppliers in ERP using company approved practices
- Support planning and forecasting activity for revenue programs, including systems and consumables
- Drive purchase orders for MRO, R&D and Production
- Use reporting tools and ERP to determine inventory trends and adjust safety stock, order points and order quantities.
- At least 7 years of experience in similar role
- Hands-on experience with enterprise ERP/MRP systems
- Proficiency across all MS Office / G-Suite applications
- Ability to clearly communicate with a positive, professional attitude
- Experience with Infor Syteline
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Experience purchasing mechanical, electrical, and electronic commodities
- Understanding of outsourced manufacturing model and previous experience working with contract manufacturers
- Creating, documenting and implementing business processes
- Planning/scheduling/purchasing for local production with enterprise MRP system
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.