Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst HR Technology role is responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies supporting our Employee Success (HR) Team, but also the global workforce @ Veeva. This role will act as an IT Lead in the technology transformation activities at Veeva and work closely with Employee Success (ES) Business Operations leaders to effectively, manage, support, and implement systems and solutions that meet ES & Veeva's needs in the short and long term. As a Senior BSA, this role will be expected to grow team expertise, work closely with a partner(s)/vendor(s) on solutions, and be an Employee Success go-to for collaboration and architecture guidance.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with third-party vendors, internal resources, and business owners to effectively implement global solutions of varying complexities
- Support Data Migration efforts from legacy applications during implementation processes
- Provide technical and functional expertise across Employee Success applications
- Participate in implementation activities; providing guidance and assurance that solutions meet Veeva standards and processes and assisting services partners with any tasks required
- Builds the foundation for project efforts by understanding and capturing the business context problem & current state definition, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, system requirements functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to the business vision
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops. Be able to diagram and elaborate current & future state application workflows in detail
- Lead and execute full development lifecycle activities - design, develop, and test in alignment with business requirements; work with development teams to build custom objects
- Research and resolve issues, assist in outlining enhancements and maintaining the system
- Provide product support, track escalations, and work with vendors to resolve issues
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, release notes, and conduct end-user training where appropriate.
- Be forward-thinking in leveraging new features, functions, and product enhancements.
- Work with integration teams to ensure ongoing efficiency & effectiveness in communication between mission-critical applications
- Build expertise among fellow team members and help grow internal team capabilities
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Enterprise HRIS/HCM Implementation Experience
- Workday Core HCM Experience with experience implementing other modules (e.g. Benefits Management)
- Functional & working technical knowledge of Workday Studio and/or common integration methods
- Experience migrating historical and current data sets into HRIS / HCM applications
- Strong Business Analysis skills including verbal and written communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work on multiple activities with changing priorities
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Comfortable in working with personnel at all levels of the organization and third-party vendors
- Coaching and mentoring of team members to grow internal knowledge of SME applications
Nice to Have
- Global HRIS/HCM Implementation Experience
- Workday Expense Management experience
- Workday Product Certifications
- Familiarity with other Integration & ETL Tools and Methods beyond Workday (e.g. Dell Boomi)
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].