Brightcove is the leading online video platform. Media companies, businesses, and organizations worldwide use Brightcove to publish and distribute video that reaches more than 135 million unique viewers every month. We've worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration. Working at Brightcove gives you the chance to reshape how media is published and consumed worldwide while you develop your skills, grow your career, and have fun.
As a Business Security Analyst, you will work closely with the Business Security team in ensuring best practices in systems, software, people and processes in the information security function at Brightcove. This role will have an impact in providing greater security and risk awareness globally through interactions with other Brightcove teams and customers.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Business Security team in providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure complete customer satisfaction for our growing customer base of online video publishers. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with strong technical experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high enthusiasm for organizational success.
The responsibilities of the Business Security Analyst include:
- Review each engagement with third party technologies and solutions, following the established third-party risk management program, in order to identify threats, risks and vulnerabilities that may have an adverse impact to Brightcoves reputation, information systems and confidential data.
- Demonstrate knowledge of information security and Brightcoves implementation of security control that protects customer data and provide guidance to Sales organization members across Brightcove worldwide.
- Assist in policy and standards development as appropriate to better govern our Information Security Program.
- Provide support for the Legal team during contract reviews related to information security requirements to ensure alignment with our established information security and governance standards and frameworks.
- Liaison with Engineering, IT and Operations teams to facilitate documentation and compliance with the growing number of privacy regulations.
- Assist other team members in various projects as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and priority/time management.
- College degree or equivalent with demonstrated interest in technology, technology issues and analysis.
- Industry accepted security certifications (CISSP, GIAC, CISA, etc.) are not required, but are a plus.
- 4 years work experience in online technical problem solving.
- Strong knowledge in information security standards and frameworks, most notably the NIST 800-53 or ISO 27001/2 set of controls and risk assessment methods (or equivalent standard).
- Basic knowledge in the overall field of IT system administration, infrastructure and networking technologies, and information security best practices.
- Ability to identify risks both quantitatively and qualitatively in various areas of technical and data security and communicate those risks appropriately and effectively to other areas of IT and the business as necessary.
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of Internet, Mobile and Digital Online Media technologies such as networking, servers, etc
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage initiatives to completion.
- Proven ability to work with a team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
- Required to be flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multitask.
- Available for on-call shifts
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and generous benefits regarding insurance and paid time off.
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.