The Analytics team at Mimecast is an exciting blend of business, data, and technology. Using a high-powered technology stack that includes Tableau, Alteryx and Salesforce, the Analytics team designs and develops enterprise-wide reporting, visualization and analytic solutions. We turn raw data into actionable insight and enable our stakeholders to make smarter, data-driven decisions. This individual will be part of a fast-paced, team-centric environment committed to delivering strategic and operational insight to key business
executives and decision makers across the organization.
At their core, business analysts at Mimecast are strong in quantitative data analysis, but also want to balance that with their interest in business. The analytics stands at the intersection of the business and technology; standing at this intersection provides a premier opportunity to further develop your career in data and analytics while be exposed to many aspects of the business.
As Senior Business Analyst – Strategic Initiatives, you will be focused on providing supporting analytics for Mimecast’s core strategic initiatives.
- Partner directly with the Chief of Staff and Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO)
- Build and maintain automated and scalable reporting framework for strategic Key Results
- Deliver proactive analytics to interpret Key Results and their relationship to company goals
- Provide guidance, supported by strong analytics, on the creation of meaningful metrics
- Create analysis and self-serve reporting to drive initiatives in support of Mimecast’s strategic initiatives
- Work with multiple functions – IT, Business Operations, and your Analytics teammates to maintain consistency of results across our reporting stack
- Present information clearly so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Break down high-level business problems into specific questions which can then be answered through data-driven analysis
- Lead requirements gathering sessions and effectively develop and communicate solutions to solve these complex business problems
Requirements for this position include strong expertise in requirements gathering, database/systems, and creation of cutting-edge Tableau visualizations. Qualified candidate must be able to deliver on multiple projects over multiple timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years Business Analyst experience in the Business Intelligence or Analytics space
- 4+ years’ report and dashboard development experience using Tableau (or similar BI tools)
- Experience presenting to, and collaborating with, senior leadership
- Experience with data prep tools such as Alteryx, Tableau Prep, PowerBI, Knime
- Hands-on experience working with CRM, CMS and Marketing Automation systems
- Whip smart, proactive, go-getter who thrives in a team environment
- Stellar communication skills: You’re articulate and concise – both verbally and in writing
- Analytical, creative and innovative approach to identify problems and drive solutions
- Experience working with SaaS metrics
- Working knowledge of the OKR (Objectives and Key Results) framework
- Project management experience with proven ability to drive results
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000 or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.