The Machine Learning Infrastructure team builds the industrial scale machine learning platform used by ML practitioners developing software for our self-driving car. We provide essential tools and frameworks to support the entire lifecycle of machine learning, from data processing, large scale training and evaluation frameworks to efficient neural net inference runtimes for onboard execution and simulation.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build large scale Machine Learning infrastructure that power our understanding of autonomous vehicles.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for scalability and testability
- Design and implement Restful APIs for annotation data pipeline
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design and algorithms
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or higher - Computer Science or equivalent field
- 5+ years strong meaningful individual contributor experience as a software engineer in a Linux environment
- Advanced knowledge of at least one backend programming language. Ideally C#, but we're open to (C++/Java/Go/Scala, etc).
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience with large-scale distributed relational and NoSQL database systems (MySQL, mongoDB, etc)