Our team is growing! We have an opening for a Senior Front-end Software Engineer who will be working with innovative tools, processes, and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
We're looking to expand our team of developers located in our Waltham office.
We are an exciting place to work as we continue to define cutting-edge technologies in the digital marketing space. Our Contacts team As a Senior Software Developer n our Contacts team, you'll help to build exciting applications that will be used by small businesses to grow their business.
What you'll do:
- As a contributor to a cross-functional scrum team, you will develop new features that allow our customers to engage with their customers
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and architects to understand the business needs and find the best technical solutions for meeting those needs
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Passionate about writing clean, robust, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- You enjoy maintaining a high standard and discussing code quality, design patterns, and participating in design discussions with peers.
- You want to work in a highly collaborative and reflective team environment and enjoy jumping in to pair (in person or remotely) with other team members as needed
Who you are:
- 5+ years industry experience in software development is a must
- 3+ years experience developing in Ruby/Rails is a must
- 2+ years experience programming in Java is a must
- 2+ years experience programming in AWS is must
- 2+ years experience programming in SQL is must
- Experience creating robust, RESTful APIs
- Experience in debugging using New Relic is a plus
- Experience in debugging using Splunk is a plus
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Available to work in Hybrid model (few days on-site and few days remote)
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development is a plus
Why you'll love us:
- We celebrate one anothers differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you wont find a better spot to share your talent. Were dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- Youll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments and seek coaching opportunities.
- Weve got you covered. We are a family! From excellent medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must have received, or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered for the job.