Specialty Retail Brands Merchant
Wayfairs Specialty Retail Brands (AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main) target the $60B specialty furniture market and are incremental to Wayfair LLC. These brands provide a tightly curated assortment of highly stylish and elevated quality products for the style-obsessed specialty customer.
What You'll Do
As a Merchant, you will manage all aspects of a category (e.g. Bedroom, Tabletop) for one of the brands (AllModern, Joss & Main, Birch Lane). As the category expert, you will be responsible for bringing the brand style and vision to life by owning the category assortment and presentation to our customers, as well as collaborating with our supplier partners and internal stakeholders to drive our brand identity across all channels.
- Building and maintaining category assortment strategies; inclusive of actively selecting, developing and iterating on the product offering
- Leading relationships with key suppliers to deliver on category assortment needs and inclusion in Wayfair programs, such as major shopping holidays
- Analyzing core business KPIs and partnering closely with cross-functional teams on inventory, merchandising, marketing, and profit management to drive business results
- Identifying opportunities for category growth, utilizing competitive analysis and internal performance monitoring as data points
- Owning product curation and category growth efforts by maintaining a pulse on core competitive trends and customer needs
- Attending supplier meetings and trade shows (virtually and/or in person) and leading meetings with suppliers to communicate on business performance and opportunities within the Specialty Retail Brands
What You'll Need
- ~3+ years of experience within an e-commerce or corporate retail organization preferred. Preferably experience in buying/retail merchandising or retail home furnishing planning.
- A strong interest in building a career in buying and/or supplier relationship management
- A passion or knowledge of industry trends, style and product design
- Ability to understand a brand vision, aesthetic, and customer base and how to bring that to life through the product assortment
- Ability to cut data and think critically about the business; ability to understand and interpret sales and performance trends and apply learning to the business
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to influence cross-functionally
- A personable and energetic communicator, eager to build relationships with new business partners - both internally and externally
- Ability to communicate and feel comfortable speaking directly with C-suite level suppliers from large companies
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once; you dont miss the details and can work autonomously and with partners to drive projects and tasks to completion
- Ability to hit the ground running a self-starter capable of achieving specific target goals
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.