Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazons 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
The senior associate will be part of the Customer Operations team, supporting the development of a merchandising playbook that will drive organic growth and optimize the customer experience on Amazon. Core responsibilities will include:
- Support the optimization of listing content to drive organic growth: Work cross-functionally to develop and execute detailed project briefs for elevating site merchandising and driving engagement across our customer base
- Drive continuous optimization & performance improvement across our Amazon listings: Support the execution of targeted merchandising tests in partnership with Creative Team, refining and iterating as needed to drive maximum conversion impact
- Improve visibility & monitoring: Partner with our technology team to refine metric tracking and reporting capabilities to drive scale and enable our rapid growth
- Codify insights into merchandising playbook: Document insights and processes from merchandising tests into a growth playbook that builds out our understanding of what optimized merch looks like and defines new ways of raising the bar
- Leverage data and market research to guide strategic thinking & prioritization: Develop deep understanding of merchandising best practices to improve the customer experience, through data-driven insights and a critical understanding of the competitive landscape
- Ad hoc strategic projects to support customer operations
- Be additive to our culture of challenging the status quo and having a low ego
We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, hardworking, and has a bias to action to join our team. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a customer-first mindset and a proven track-record as a creative, collaborative problem solver. Additional job requirements include:
- Minimum 2+ years of work experience, preferably in a creative marketing or site merchandising function
- Proven ability to synthesize disparate information into clearly articulated recommendations to drive impact and streamline knowledge transfer
- Engaged by a highly productive and cross-functional environment in which you can influence and produce tangible results and a passion for improving the customer journey
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent relationship building skills and a strong sense of curiosity
- Excited about driving value to the business through process improvement
- Bring a lot of enthusiasm to the job each day!
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.