At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Liberty Mutual Global Risk Solutions (GRS) Technology is actively searching for a Senior Architect to join the Architecture, Cloud, & Engineering Enablement (ACEE) organization. GRS Technology deliver solutions supporting business outcomes across GRS including North American (NA), Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM), and Global Surety (LMS) across 24 countries.
As a Senior Architect you will work with the GRS and Enterprise architects to support our digital transformation, enabling our GRS Global Platforms with reusable API Products supporting business delivery and outcomes. You will collaborate with Application Architects, infrastructure engineers, Data Architects, and other stakeholders across GRS Global Platforms, business segments, and business domains setting technology direction and enabling capability centric architectures. This is a fast-paced environment providing cost effective, secure, and fast time to market solutions for our business partners. Liberty Mutual is looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values engineering excellence and delivery of business value, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue our Digital, Product, and API First mindset transformational journey.
About the role:
- Senior Architect establishes and leads the enterprise technology strategy and technology roadmaps that enable the business.
- Influences senior leaders and all levels of both business and IT staff regarding all areas of architecture, including policies, standards, strategies, and governance.
- Provides program leadership and technical leadership for developing and maintaining the enterprise information architecture; contributes significantly to realizing target state.
- Leads portfolio management, strategy, and change; large scale composite initiatives; influencing the way business is done, including technology and architecture.
- Participates in the establishment of the technology direction for the establishment of application and infrastructure platforms, products and tools.
- Develops and introduces technical architecture concepts and strategies for the larger GRS organization
- Understands, advocates, and augments the principles of information technology strategies, frameworks, standards, and best practices that have been adopted by the enterprise.
- Analyzes technology industry, market, and architecture trends and determine potential impact on business.
- Recommend technology direction and/or adjustments to incorporate in the business plans.
- Leads the design and prototyping; directs the governance activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture.
- Oversees the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards.
- Identifies and assesses the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- May lead teams of high-level technical staff
- Strong listener for input and ideas at all levels
- Flexible and open minded but also pragmatic
- Curious and inquisitive
- Strong Humility, Empathy, Patience and collaborative attitude
- Serves as an enterprise resource to advance technical capabilities that enable the business.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline; Master's preferred.
- Generally, a minimum of 15 years of architecture experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Exposure to layered solutions and designs, diverse technical configurations, multiple technologies and processing environments.
- Thorough knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and financial models and budgeting.
- Thorough understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies including but not limited to, insurance industry, financial services, global business, technology trends, as well as security minded.
- Strong understanding of network architecture. Software development skills essential; ability to incorporate wide-ranging ideas and opinions to set technology direction.
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- 10% of travel world-wide might be required.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds. Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company. Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short term implications of decisions.