We are looking for a Senior Architect - with experience in Data Governance, Data Engineering and Reporting to join our athena intelligence Team focused on Data Platforms which deliver insights.
You will report to VP of Platform Services & athena.intelligence, providing technical design leadership in support of in our athena.intelligence team;.
You will focus on area such as:
- Data Governance & Engineering: develop the strategy, process and implementation for creating & cataloging governed assets on the data lake.
- Client Dashboard: Insights - our next generation client performance dashboard solution, and Data lens, a dataset API which provides SQL-like query semantics over a variety of backends with fine-grained security controls
- Athenas reporting 2.0 solutions, which are used by across engineering to develop reports on top of the data lake.
The Team: Our athena.intelligence team unleashes the power of our one-of-a-kind healthcare dataset by applying advanced analytics and machine learning to terabytes of data. As a Data Engineering Architect, you will work with an exceptional team of data scientists, statisticians and data engineers with the drive, instinct, and curiosity to deliver insights from data across athenas network, network to solve athenahealths most challenging, impactful problems.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Produce technical design specifications and guidance to the appropriate detail, acting as an advisor to a large technical or product zones
- Own technical approach to solving problems, tech backlog for a large technical or product zones
- Define reference architecture for various technology patterns identified in the technology strategy, build and update the roadmap to achieve this architecture; socialize and evangelize the vision for the reference architecture across the company
Architectural Leadership - Exhibit mastery of a few functional zones and multiple services
- Ensure that the architecture objectives are consistent with long term business objectives by participating in the analysis, evaluation and development of long-range strategic technology planning
- Participate in Architect hiring process for Engineering organization; influence final hiring decisions
- Provide a vision of the core framework of technology services and the components for your product which enable reuse by the technology teams
- Build vs. Buy vs. Adopt: Cultivate awareness and opportunities for new & existing open-source technologies; understand where & how to leverage them, or when its more appropriate to build from scratch
- Understand scalability and performance in terms of, systems, services and infrastructure architecture
Cross functional Coordination and Communication
- Provide appropriate governance for tri-annual release planning of platform services
- Participate collaboratively with scrum team members and product owners to groom initiatives in line with the larger technology priorities and engineering excellence goals such as stability, quality, performance etc.
- Work with developers and architects and participate in Virtual Architect Review meetings to further the technology strategy and bring new technologies.
- Liaise with the senior business leaders and tech leadership to ensure alignment of R&D goals and technical capabilities
- Provide design and architectural guidance and governance in delivering software components and services
- Review performance and provides feedback on talent including endorsements and/or concerns for promotions
- Coach, mentor and inspire all levels of developers and Architects as needed, collaborating with their managers on areas of career development and growth
- About 15+ years of experience in a technical architect/leadership position
- Extensive experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Expert software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Substantial expertise in Modern Big Data and Analytics, Cloud based Data Lake, Scalable computing, Data Integration and Traditional Data Warehousing
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Big Data, SQL, NOSQL, and various other database technologies
- Knowledge of concepts, applications, and technologies related to cloud computing; ability to design and develop systems architectures that support a SaaS business model.
- Expertise in understanding of scalable, cloud architectures and experience in applying them to real world problems
- Experience in large scale HADR Cloud-based systems
- Expertise in distributed computing tech (Hadoop, spark), RESTful API, WebUI (HTML 5) and Modern JS frameworks
- Expertise in modern public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) as well as experience in public and private cloud networking architectures
- Knowledge of health interoperability standards (FHIR, HL7, ANSI) and different healthcare systems (EHR, EMR, CDS) a plus
- Knowledge of data models preferably Healthcare
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams in driving the Data Governance processes, standards and implementation of key technologies.
Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Our Location : This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafe teria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas ) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
Our Perks : Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.