As a Senior Application Support Engineer on our Support Maintenance Services team, you will develop an in-depth technical understanding of the VestmarkOne Managed Accounts platform, with a focus on ensuring successful conclusion of our nightly processing cycle. Your goal will be to use that knowledge to respond to overnight issues with urgency to prevent SLA violations and ensure smooth processing flow for our clients.
This position requires strong troubleshooting, technical, organizational, and communication skills. The Senior Application Support Engineer will work both independently and in collaboration with peers and others, to analyze, research, and resolve issues affecting our clients. In addition to issue recovery, essential aspects of this role involve root cause identification, documentation of issue recovery procedures, and cross training others to help improve issue prevention. You will utilize several tools (database monitoring, client configs, Splunk, etc) to collect a picture of the problem and identify the solution.
The Support Maintenance Services (SMS) team is a small team doing big things! We handle both customer-facing requests, as well as large internal projects to improve the efficiency and reliability of our platform. We often proactively identify areas for improvement and work towards making solutions a reality. We interface regularly with other internal teams to improve workflows, communication, and products. Your role includes many aspects of product configuration and solution development as well as providing the opportunity to grow professional skills in many areas.
- Provide reliable SMS Team Coverage from 7am-3:30pm ET
- Follow standard best practices for proper change control of proposed solutions
- Assist others in code review of their solutions
- Translate client issues into well documented, actionable bugs for engineering resolution
- Contribute to and progress the analysis, research, and resolution of support cases escalated by colleagues to SMS
- Document issue triage, as troubleshooting progresses, utilizing JIRA and Salesforce
- Partner with various internal departments as needed to deliver superior customer service
Key Experience and Skills:
- Aptitude for comprehending enterprise software architecture
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- XML and SQL knowledge (T-SQL or Postgres Preferred)
- Experience with Source Code Control systems (GIT, BitBucket)
- Eye for detail and exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple different groups of varying technical skill
- Ability to handle problem situations quickly, inventively, and resourcefully
- Ability to balance and manage multiple, competing priorities
Nice to Have:
- MSCS is a plus
- Web Services and API Experience
- Knowledge of Cron and/or Reg Expressions
- Additional coding experience (particularly in Java, Python, Perl)
- Familiarity with Confluence tools (Wiki, JIRA)
- Splunk (SPL) query knowledge
- Previous SaaS application support experience
- Team leadership experience
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.