Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics, and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways. Shopping for your home can be overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it's visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 14 million products. Our software engineering teams work to make an extremely complex process seamless for our customers. Shopping for your home should be exciting, and we want every customer to come away feeling like they've found the perfect item for them.
What You'll Do
- Lead development for complex mobile initiatives, including architecting and developing new features, application maintenance and refactoring, and increased performance and automation.
- Define best practices and coding standards across the entire team; review code and provide guidance for other code reviewers participating in our release approval process. Being passionate about test coverage and quality engineering are paramount.
- Use data and metrics to collaboratively drive impactful changes across the application; work closely with product and engineering management to anticipate areas for improvement and investment, and highlight these for inclusion in the team's project roadmap.
- Work with application platforms team to ensure best-in-class development environment and tooling for feature teams, enabling faster and more seamless development of feature work across the platform.
- Frequently interface and interact with quality, UX, back-end/API, product, analytics, and other teams.
- Evaluate other frameworks and libraries for inclusion in our dev process and address key areas of architectural vulnerability across our codebase.
- Though primarily focused on Android, collaborate with iOS and full-stack teams to ensure architecture and solutions are robust and aligned.
- Lead by example; share knowledge, experience, and best practices through mentoring, tech talks, and presentations.
What You'll Bring
- At least 5+ years of professional Android development on publicly available apps.
- At least 10+ years of professional software development.
- Fluency in Kotlin and Java and an eagerness to share your knowledge with others; a desire to continuously learn as you strive to develop and improve as a team.
- At least 3+ years experience guiding teams in a senior capacity (tech lead or architect).
- Knowledge of Material Design, Android UI/UX development, and best practices.
- Hands-on experience integrating applications with REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Intimate knowledge of software design patterns and experience working with different architectures (MVVM, MVC, MVI, etc) and a working knowledge of the advantages, disadvantages, and trade-offs associated with each.
- Agile experience and extensive experience working on an agile development team.
Desirable experience (not required)
- Familiarity with building e-commerce applications.
- Experience with Jetpack Compose is a plus.
- Hands-on iOS development experience is a plus.
- Back-end development experience in PHP or Java is a plus.
- Functional programming experience is a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.