We arent your standard marketers: we own the strategy, P&L, and product roadmaps for our portfolio of bleeding- edge and in-house-built marketing and AdTech products. We leverage them to acquire high potential customers and engage them to come back again and again. We have petabytes of first and third party data at our fingertips; what makes us successful is using that data to build algorithms and automated solutions to take our Zillions thing home offering and personalize it to each and every customer.
As a Senior Analyst in Vertical Marketing, you will focus on driving the next wave of customer growth within Wayfairs core businesses. You will be part of a Marketing organization that is built on home-grown innovations and recognizes that the best ideas can come from anyone. Your role will also allow exposure across the organization, working in conjunction with peers in Category Management, Promotions, Engineering and more. The Vertical Marketing teams -- Furniture & Decor, Home Improvement, and Housewares & More -- also represent a cross-functional mandate, bringing the best of Wayfairs capabilities to our customers in a product-nuanced manner. You will work alongside a results-driven team who take a highly analytical lens to their work, and ultimately serves as an accelerant to Wayfairs overall growth.
What You'll Do
- Your core responsibility is to understand our customer better and help showcase how Wayfair can meet their Home Improvement needs. This is done through a careful understanding of off- and on-site behavior for different classes they shop, and you will be marshalling the data to get us to those insights
- You will be responsible for designing the strategy, testing, and execution plans to grow the business using all available Marketing channels
- Ideas for great strategy come from many places; you would be expected to partner with colleagues in Category Management, Marketing, Promotions and Profit Management to formulate the tactics most relevant to our current and potential customers
- You will disseminate what you've learned from investigations and strategic initiatives to senior leaders in the company as well as teams who work across the three Verticals and more, and where applicable, to Wayfairs Specialty Retail Brands, Registry, and other geographies
What You'll Need
- 2+ years prior work experience in an analytic, business environment; recent undergraduate degree with significant coursework in quantitatively heavy areas (statistics or econometrics, data science, engineering or quantitative focus within the social sciences) preferred
- Strong quantitative experience, with the ability to generate insights and solutions or build a story and strategy from large data sets
- Demonstrated experience independently thinking through testing plans and capturing/leveraging data to disprove a hypothesis and tell a story; basic Excel skills needed, basic SQL skills preferred
- Get stuff done attitude Willingness to roll up your sleeves and engage deeply with other analysts or managers, across multiple teams to accomplish what needs to be done in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking and verbal and written communication skills - ability to break down and communicate complex ideas and influence senior level and cross-functional stakeholders
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.