The Operations group at Wayfair is looking for an Associate Director of Operations Analytics to join our team! This position is a key role within a centralized analytics team that helps shape the strategy and execution of Wayfairs rapidly expanding global, end-to-end supply chain. Within the role, you will apply your leadership and quantitative skills in a highly collaborative environment to meet business-critical operations challenges head on. The Operations Analytics team is the go-to source for the analytics needs of the Wayfair Operations group, which is rapidly growing Wayfairs asset-based supply chain capabilities. Members of the team serve as internal, cross-functional consultants supporting the Operations group on a wide array of strategic and operational decisions including network and transportation design, fulfillment center footprint optimization, inventory planning, and customer service operations.
If youre passionate about driving business impact by managing teams of other analytics professionals, applying cutting-edge techniques to inform complex operations decisions, and enjoy working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, then this is the perfect role for you!
What Youll Do
- Partner with business stakeholders to define and prioritize opportunities, identify interdependencies between key business drivers, and communicate how an analytical approach can contribute to an overall business strategy or solution
- Translate high-leveland often ambiguousbusiness problems into specific workstreams that can be tackled using data-driven analyses and work with stakeholders to get buy-in on the anticipated approach and timelines
- Build and run multiple teams of other analysts to successfully complete deliverables with high standards of quality, timeliness, and rigor to build and maintain the trust of our internal stakeholders
- Help synthesize results and coach teams on presenting insights with a clear point of view and storyline to enable fact-based decision-making within the business
- Guide other managers and analysts as they develop skills across all aspects of the project lifecycle including project scoping, application of analytical techniques, communication, and implementation
- Apply an impact-focused, entrepreneurial lens to proactively identify, develop, and implement business and process improvement initiatives that capture cost and/or service benefits across all aspects Wayfairs operations
Projects may include:
- Design Wayfairs facility footprint and transportation network including defining optimal fulfillment center locations, evaluating the impact of adding new first/middle mile consolidation points, and determining ideal sites for last mile home delivery operations.
- Establish the best inventory positioning strategy to optimize for cost and speed by modeling inbound shipments, transshipments from one fulfillment center to another, and outbound shipments to customers.
- Identify the ideal injection strategy into 3P carrier networks for small parcel deliveries to maximize next-day delivery. Develop strategies to mitigate against carrier capacity risks during peak periods or to inform contract negotiations.
- Analyze future customer service workforce alternatives and develop a recommendation that strikes the best balance between cost and level of service to maximize customer satisfaction and long-term value.
What Youll Need
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or other concentrations with a heavy quantitative focus.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in an analytical or consulting role, preferably with supply chain or logistics experience including experience completing analytical projects and presenting actionable insights and recommendations to senior
- 5+ years of experience building and running multi-person teams to successfully complete complex, analytics-based projects.
- Hands-on experience using analytical tools and techniques to solve complex business problems, including proficiency using SQL, R, Python, or other languages on large datasets and guiding other analysts to do the same.
- Experience using optimization tools such as Gurobi/CPLEX or other supply chain tools like Llamasoft, a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with both technical and business-oriented stakeholders. Ability to translate analytical work into business cases meant to inform and persuade.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energized by working in a high-performance, fast-paced industry.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.