Senior Analyst, Network & Transportation Design
Do you enjoy using big data to draw conclusions and define strategies? If yes, the Supply Chain Analytics team at Wayfair is looking to add a senior analyst to their team! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and global strategy questions that support operational initiatives.
Who we are: Supply Chain Analytics is an internal consulting team within global operations that seeks to make the supply chain both run more efficiently and define the strategic vision using quantitative analysis and modeling. The Supply Chain Analytics group serves as the go-to source for the analytics needs for the growing Wayfair Operations team: from network and transportation design to carrier strategy to warehouse capacity and inventory planning.
What you will do:
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Conduct big data analysis using SQL, Python, Excel, and other software applications
- Present the data driven conclusions and recommendations with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Using supply chain optimization modeling: Our analysis led to the implementation of a series of pool points and cross-docks used to move products efficiently and quickly with reduced incidence from supplier to customer which would save +$10M annually.
- Determine optimal inventory positioning by modeling inbound shipments, transshipments from warehouse to warehouse, and outbound shipments to customers to optimize cost and service level to customers
- Identifying and implementing a $2.1MM (annualized) cost saving opportunity for customer returns shipments
- Combining time series forecasts, business forecasts, and planned changes to our supply chain network to guide capacity planning.
Who you are:
- You have 0-4 years of experience in a quantitative analysis or consulting role
- You have a Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- You possess an affinity for data and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Not afraid to present business cases to senior leadership
- Exposure to advanced analytics & database/manipulation tools: SQL, Python, R, Excel