Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
We are seeking a Sr. Analyst to assist in building a best-in-class effective and efficient Controls & Compliance function, with a strong understanding of accounting, finance, and SOX compliance, for a fast-growing company. The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for risk identification and mitigation, creating and maintaining risk and controls documentation, process flowcharts, and narratives; performing walkthroughs; and testing of internal controls design and operating effectiveness. Additionally, the Sr. Analyst will help drive the execution of special projects related to operational and control improvements, systems implementation, and other ad hoc initiatives across the organization to drive towards a sustainable best-in-class Finance department.
- Participate in the annual risk and scope assessment and update company risk matrices
- Manage internal control documentation including process flow diagrams, process narratives, and risk control matricesPerform initial and annual walk-throughs of key business processes with business owners and internal and external auditors to assess adequacy of control design effectiveness
- Design and implement an effective control framework that supports SOX and internal controls over financial reporting and operations
- Test design and operating effectiveness of internal controlsPrepare clear, concise, and adequately referenced work papers to document test procedures performed and conclusions
- Assess design and operating effectiveness of Segregation of Duties (SOD) and ensure any conflicts have mitigating controlsIdentify gaps and control deficiencies, assess severity of deficiencies, and track and monitor remediation of deficiencies and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Act as liaison and coordination point between business/function control owners and internal/external audit on SOX controls design, testing, and remediation
- Execute quarterly 302 certification processBuild relationships with key stakeholders and promote function as a trusted partner and advisor
- Support ongoing M&A activities, including on-boarding and integration efforts/processes, system implementations, strategic initiatives, and other large projects/activities
What you bring to the party
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance Professional qualifications highly desirable (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA)
- 5 plus years of experience, with some Big 4 Experience or other relevant controls and compliance experience at a public company
- Experience developing test plans, performing testing and concluding on the operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Experience flowcharting business processes, preparing risk and control matrices and writing process narratives or policies
- Strong knowledge of COSO, SOX Controls, GAAP, IFRS, and SEC regulations
- Effective at building strong relationships and working collaboratively with others across departments and at all levels to meet shared objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to understand and summarize complex information, clearly and concisely
- Proficient in excel and data analysis
- Proactive with strong organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, and project management
- Analytical and process mindset with creative thinking
- Self-motivated and highly enthusiastic with ability to thrive and deliver in a fast paced, ambiguous, and dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic and accountability with willingness and ability to dig into details to accomplish tasks and complete projects
- Background in IT audit/controls and/or data analytics a plusRetail and/or Consumer Products industry experience a plus
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.