Do well by doing good.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies. Millions of consumers use our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and more.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with teams in Serbia, we are currently 100+ employees and growing rapidly.
Our team is working in a hybrid setup from our Boston Financial District office: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
Senior Accountant, Revenue & AR
The Senior Accountant will own the revenue and receivables accounting for our four new lines of business. This is an opportunity to shape our processes, collaborate across the organization, and make an impact on our scalability. This role will report to the Director of Finance and Accounting with regular updates to the broader senior management and manage an Accounts Receivable Specialist.
What youll do:
- Supervise and manage accounts receivable staff member
- Develop revenue recognition and invoicing process for new business lines
- Ensure entries are made in accordance with accounting guidelines
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Sales, Finance, and Partnerships
- Verify compliance with contractual terms, fee schedules, and other formal agreements
- Prepare monthly annotated prior period variance reporting and other analysis as needed
- Improve collections process and procedure
- Set KPIs and report on achievement
- Maintain adequate allowance for doubtful accounts
- Receive and record payments accurately
- Perform other accounting related duties as needed
What youll need:
- 5+ years of experience in finance, accounting or a related role
- Understanding of, and ability to adhere to, generally accepted accounting principles
- Comfort with establishing and implementing new guidelines and processes
- Highly proficient with accounting and spreadsheet software including MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and leverage resources effectively across the organization
- Strong aptitude for research and problem-solving
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance preferred
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications above, wed still love to hear from you. Tell us about the unique qualities you might bring in your cover letter.
We are EnergySage
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of trusted advisors with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.