Senior Accountant, Reporting to the Director of Accounting
Were looking for
- The right person to play a key role in the department who possesses a high level of integrity, curiosity, strong discipline, and a high degree of accuracy.
What youll accomplish
- Owning the monthly close process with specific areas of focus including preparation of consolidated financial statements for outside entities and detailed account reconciliations in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare journal entries, analysis and reconciliations of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Perform variance analysis of actual vs budget/forecast by department and investigate unusual variances.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities and leading process improvement efforts to increase accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency of month end close.
- Interact with corporate audits and external auditors on an as-needed basis.
- Manage fixed asset register in PeopleSoft, reconcile to GL, prepare fixed assets rollforward.
- Responsible for calculation and remittance of Sales & Use taxes through Avalara
- Interact with operational departments to gather all relevant financial data to ensure timely and accurate monthly reporting. Prepare weekly and monthly financial reporting, as necessary.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization on special projects as assigned.
- Constant exposure to key business leaders and an active role in the weekly/monthly meetings with Accounting and Finance teams.
- Opportunity to manage processes and projects and help identify areas of process improvements.
THE RIGHT FIT:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for general ledger accounting. PeopleSoft and Avalara experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel and Word.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures.
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to seek out additional tasks as time allows and assume additional responsibilities.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent with 3-4 years accounting experience.
Bonus points for
If youve got everything going on above, youre already a strong fit.
If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us.
- Being team-oriented and able to interact effectively and influence people at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Retail environment a plus
- CPA is a plus
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM:
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on Rue La La! We manage the revenue and expenses of the company and make impactful decisions daily. We work closely with every department across the company and regularly interact with senior management.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home dcor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other