Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazons 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Central to our growth ambition is the ability to rapidly build the Perch Platform to develop scalable finance reporting infrastructure that provides transparency for all stakeholders and partners with the organization to drive change. We are looking for a talented Senior Accountant to contribute to the development of the world-class finance function that supports the organization's long-term objectives.
Reporting to the Sr. Accounting Manager, this position is responsible for executing general accounting and reconciliations for the month end close process. This role will work closely with the accounting and finance team and contribute in several ways, including:
- Act as a key member of the finance team in the preparation of the monthly close and related reporting
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and analysis including AR, Accruals, Prepaids, Fixed Assets, Intangibles, Intercompany, etc.
- Initiate or coordinate the completion of special projects
- Perform research on non-routine transactions and document conclusions
- Develop accounting processes and policies
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of financial reporting packages
- Perform other daily accounting and operational responsibilities including preparation of entries
- Maintain effective, efficient, and compliant accounting processes, and controls to enable the provision of accurate, timely, and complete financial and management reporting
- Fulfill requests for the annual audit cycle
- Ensure all inquiries and requests are answered in a timely manner
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated professional to join and help build our accounting function. The ideal candidate will have experience dealing with ambiguity and starting from scratch (whether in an entrepreneurial environment or building new things within a larger organization). They will be motivated by an opportunity to break the mold and ride the edge between speed and scalability.
The following key attributes and skills:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Able to manage to themselves to deadlines
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to take on new challenges
- Ability to confidently use technology and systems
- Prior experience in accounting required
- Experience with US GAAP reporting required
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel required
Tertiary qualifications including:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- CPA or equivalent qualification preferred
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.