NWN Carousel is the leading Cloud Communications Service Provider (CCSP) focused on transforming the customer and workspace experience for commercial, enterprise, and public sector organizations. We deliver hybrid work experiences for millions of users across North America’s 7,000 leading organizations. Our integrated devices, communications apps, AI-enabled contact centers, networking, security, and analytics allow our customers to learn, discover, work, and connect from anywhere - all delivered as a cloud service that’s simple to use and manage. To learn more about our solutions please visit www.nwncarousel.com
The Senior Accountant role is responsible for a variety of duties such as assisting in month end close activities; reviewing and analyzing transactions, general ledger accounts, and company expenditures; reviewing financial statements and preparing financial reports; assists with external audit, budgets and special projects as needed.
Scope of Role Responsibilities
Essential, key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the monthly revenue schedules including review and documentation of annual contract value, unbilled revenue and deferred revenue schedules.
- Prepares supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts.
- Analyzes and reconciles specified balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with department heads.
- Interaction with sales, service delivery and support services.
- Reviews general ledger accounts and makes necessary journal entries including posting monthly, quarterly, and yearly accruals and ensures accuracy of the General Ledger.
Additional job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with and handles special projects as needed.
- Provides necessary support for external audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Role Qualifications and Requirements
The following are minimum qualifications and requirements required for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or relevant work experience. CPA strongly preferred.
- 6-8 years in accounting/auditing (public accounting experience preferred).
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Hands on experience with revenue accounting in the IT industry or subscription revenue environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven. Keenness in examining data. Focuses on the intricate details in order to provide accurate and consistent information. Plans, organizes, and completes tasks in an acceptable time frame. Readily adheres to deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Effective time management skills, self- motivated, critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle stress appropriately and interact well with others.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
The following qualifications are ideal, but not required:
- NetSuite, Sage Intacct, ServiceNow experience preferred.
NWN Carousel is an Equal Opportunity Employer: NWN Carousel provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment free from unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law.