Feather is redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
Feather is seeking a Senior Accountant reporting directly to the Controller. We are looking for a hands-on accountant who is excited by the opportunity to help build and monitor the accounting framework that will serve every financial reporting need for Feather as we scale.
What youll do:
- Work directly with the controller to process the day to day transactions of the business and be Feathers go to resource as it pertains to Payables, Receivables & Fixed Assets/Inventory.
- Identify process improvements, document SOPs and with the assistance of the Controller implement new procedures when necessary to ensure Feather can execute upon a 5-day monthly close process.
- Manage all audit PBC request lists internally and with 3rd party external auditors to facilitate an effective and timely audit process.
- Perform Account reconciliation clean up procedures and maintain the reconciliations monthly going forward as part of Feathers monthly close for all of Feathers material balance sheet accounts.
- Identify future FTE needs for the accounting team and be the manager responsible for the posting, screening, hiring, and eventual day to day management of all accounting new hires.
What you need to be successful:
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or comparable discipline
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills, proficient use of pivot tables, vlookups and various other functions.
- An interest in solving complex problems with an ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team and a willingness to own every challenge no matter the size of the task.
- Ability to communicate fearlessly and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
Who you are:
- Based in NYC
Excited about joining a startup and growing with Feather
Passionate about Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
What youll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
Access to 401(k) and commuter benefits
Catered lunch three times a week and unlimited office snacks
Monthly in-office massages and after-work happy hours
A monthly wellness stipend
Flexible vacation and paid time off
A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
A new laptop computer and a high-resolution external monitor
A sit-stand desk and ergonomic desk chair
More Jobs From