Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable you career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
Our global team creates technology solutions that the insurance world has never seen - but really needs. With offices around the globe, our inclusive, innovative teams collaborate to continuously evolve our product offering that world class P&C Insurers build their core systems on Billing, Claims, Policy, Insights, Reinsurance and more. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do.
Duck Creek is proud to be a Remote-First employer, empowering our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home or on a hybrid schedule. Our remote-first environment fosters inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location. We support our employees in making a decision that allows them to be the most productive they can be both at work and at home.
If working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation and open exchange sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited for your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT YOULL DO:
This position will be hands on, interact and coordinate with colleagues in FP&A, legal, facilities, HR and other various business departments to ensure proper accounting treatment. We are looking for a key member of the team to take ownership of some of our General Ledger processes, prepare and review accrual journal entries for certain operating expenses, ensure Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act compliance, support external audits, as well as other similar responsibilities that arise.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for accounts such as accruals, capitalized software development, fixed assets, benefits, and inter-company
- Perform account analysis on period over period account fluctuations for internal use, as well as SEC filing support
- Work closely with the accounts payable and accounts receivable teams to ensure accurate transactional accounting
- Participate in various accounting system automation and enhancement projects
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure a complete and accurate month end close
- Support external auditors with audit requests
- Provide US GAAP guidance and assistance as needed to corporate accounting staff members
- Perform special projects or analysis as needed
WHAT YOUVE DONE:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- At least 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in a similar role
- Public accounting experience or CPA qualification is a plus
- Experience with large ERP systems (Workday experience a plus)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while continuing to meet goals and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants - to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.