Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As Senior Accountant you will support a wide range of accounting functions including the monthly close, SEC and financial reporting, SOX, the external audit, revenue recognition, and process improvements. You can demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and apply accounting principles. Communication and cross-departmental cohesion are vital in this position.
What you'll do:
- Supporting key areas of the monthly financial close to ensure timely and accurate reporting on general ledger and financial results
- Review subsidiary financials for completeness and accuracy and ensure appropriate consolidation into consolidated financial statements
- Assisting in the timely preparation of journal entries, supporting schedules and analysis, and reconciliations
- Maintain and update technical accounting positions memos and detail new positions memos
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Assist with supervising compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Assist with the successful completion of the year-end audit and quarterly reviews
- Ad hoc projects to be determined as they arise
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years accounting experience, CPA required
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Sophisticated Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and comfort interacting with colleagues in a professional and helpful manner
- Motivated phenomenal teammate with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite and/or Concur experience a plus skillset
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.