We are seeking a high-energy, motivated Account Executive to represent Intralinks as we continue to expand our market share as the leading virtual data room provider. The Senior Account Executive is responsible for selling virtual data room services for merger & acquisition (M&A) purposes and other types of financial transactions to all levels within the advisory services communities which consist of investment banks and law firms. This is a fast-paced team with a high volume of transactional business at established accounts where we hold a number one market share position. Intralinks is utilized as a cloud content management tool in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital raises, corporate restructuring, and other strategic transactions. Given the importance of penetrating the top-tier accounts, this individual may be assigned to work as part of a sales team or independently to sell to prospects and existing clients with the purpose of ensuring our platform is the preferred provider of data room services in all assigned accounts. This is an excellent opportunity to grow a successful sales career with a company with proven technology and strong brand awareness.
About the Team
The Advisory sales organization is responsible to build and maintain the Intralinks value proposition within the Investment Banking community focused on Mergers and Acquisitions and Capital markets. This is a collaborative, dynamic team of sales professionals working out of our offices and in the field.
- Identify and establish relationships with investment bankers through prospecting and marketing leads for new accounts and expansion of contacts within existing accounts.
- Meet or exceed set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), for example on number of calls and meetings and other sales based activities.
- Identifies the need for, and collects, information to better understand client issues and problems.
- Collects account history from all relevant Intralinks organizations and published sources.
- Uses LinkedIn Sales Navigator to locate new senior Advisory professionals and builds on these contacts to create business relationships.
- Develop sales strategy and account plans within account deck to gain greater market share to include proactive research of potential deal activities and trends.
- Deliver the Intralinks value proposition in the field, phone meetings and WebEx. Employs value based conversations to arrive at a highly differentiated solution.
- Engages customers in unscripted dialogue that focuses on addressing the customers problems.
- Articulates the value Intralinks solutions can solve, leveraging the strength of the Intralinks brand, scale, and market position to place Intralinks at a competitive advantage.
- Build and maintain strong sales pipeline and forecast, through discovery calls and meetings.
- Drive the sales process and manage the contract and approval process of new deals, including negotiating on price and getting approvals including contract terms.
- Conducts opportunity and account review sessions with manager using our Customer Engagement Model tools. Completes required reports by deadline, maintains accurate forecast.
- Manage all information in our Salesforce.com CRM system related to the account(s).
- Minimum 5 years of quota bearing field sales experience managing an assigned territory or account portfolio
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Developed prospecting and researching skills
- Ability to run customer meetings, product demonstrations and customer presentations
- A positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Must be comfortable navigating customer objections, complaints, inquiries at all times of the day, in person, over email, text and phone.
- Ability to manage a high transactional book of business, with a focus on driving a large amount of sales activity into the defined territory list.
- Demonstrates tenacious sense to urgency to address client issues prioritize tasks accordingly.
- A clear communicator that is skilled at developing and growing relationships.
- Able to think and act creatively and tactically.
- A positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Entrepreneurial attitude.
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Salesforce.com experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with internal resources to ensure customer success.
- A proven history of being intellectually curious and a fast learner.
- A track record of being a team player.
- General knowledge of mergers and acquisitions and broader financial services industry.
- Good working knowledge of SaaS environments, business applications, industry trends and initiatives.
- Actively uses LinkedIn and other social selling tools to connect with new and existing customers.
- Experience in selling SAAS solutions and/or Financial Services industry sale not required, but preferred.
SS&C Intralinks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.