At Wasabi, were a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. Were a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. Its all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: SecDevOps - Infrastructure Team
As a Security Engineer at Wasabi Technologies, you will be responsible for ensuring the security of our cloud storage platform. You will work with a team of security professionals to monitor, analyze, and respond to security threats using Splunk Enterprise Security as a SIEM, as well as manage security policies and procedures across our infrastructure, including Kubernetes clusters. You will also collaborate with our development and ops teams to help ensure the security of our infrastructure and deployment pipelines.
- Monitor and analyze security alerts from various sources using Splunk as a SIEM.
- Investigate security incidents and provide recommendations for remediation.
- Manage, maintain and develop security policies and procedures across our infrastructure, including Kubernetes clusters.
- Collaborate with other security professionals and DevOps engineers to develop and implement security strategies and best practices.
- Maintain and enhance our SIEM platform to improve its effectiveness and efficiency.
- Perform periodic security assessments and audits to ensure compliance with security standards and regulations.
- Provide security training and awareness to employees and other stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging security threats and trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- At least 5+ years of experience in system security analysis, and automation.
- Experience in a regulatory environment (FedRAMP, DoD, HIPAA) is a plus.
- Experience with Splunk as a SIEM is required.
- Experience with Kubernetes and infrastructure security is required.
- Knowledge of security technologies and products such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, endpoint protection, and vulnerability scanners.
- Relevant security certifications such as CISSP, CKS, CEH, or GIAC are a plus.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.