You will act as a Scrum Master for 2 or more scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work by coordinating Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, and all other Scrum events (Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Retrospectives, Squad Health Checks, etc.). You will embrace a servant-leader role across scrum teams and support them by proactively identifying and removing impediments and dependencies, internal to the team as well as external, dealing with cross-functional teams as appropriate.
Day to Day:
- Proactively facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team members and dependent teams.
- Work with the Development Team and Product Owner to maintain the Product Backlog.
- Monitor Sprint Burndown Charts and maintain other productivity metrics
- Protect the Sprint Backlog from scope creep
- Act as liaison between stakeholders and teams to negotiate Sprint scope and communicate project status
- Facilitate Sprint Reviews, using outcome to work with product management in updating the Product Backlog
- Facilitate Sprint Retrospectives and expedites plans for improvement
- Track increment planning
- Use Scrum, Kanban and XP practices where applicable
- Adapt project management framework to stakeholder, project, and team needs
- Monitor and document project variance
- Manage risks and have risk mitigation plans in place
- Assist Lean-Agile Center of Excellence (LACE) in implementing Agile recommended practices, processes, and tools
- Assist Project Management Office (PMO) in compiling regular updates for senior management, coordinating company-wide demos, and assisting in development projects as necessary (such as rolling out new tools and technologies to teams).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of relevant, professional experience
- 2-4 years of project management experience specifically leading technical groups within a commercial software development company using Agile and traditional SDLC methodologies
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Understanding of TDD and a scaled environment
- Candidates must obtain CSM (Certified Scrum Master) certification within their first year OR have CSM already
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership and ability to create collaborative, productive teams
- Ability to collaborate effectively with global team.
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client’s unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients’ unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debate. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.
SS&C Eze is an equal opportunity employer.