The Scrum Master is responsible for guiding and supporting a global, cross-functional team working to deliver business critical projects.
This role requires excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Lead, inspire and motivate a global, cross-functional team in the creation of high-quality software.
- Actively promote an agile and dev-ops mindset and a positive working environment for the team.
- Mentor and coach all team members in Agile (Scrum, Kanban/Lean, SAFe) values, practices, and principles.
- Drive and support the adoption of new agile process tools and techniques within your team.
- Use a servant leadership style to support the team, responding to issues and removing impediments.
- Diligently track team level metrics to mitigate workflow bottlenecks.
- Drive continuous improvement practices within your team using team level metrics, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Work closely and listen to team members’ feedback to identify issues and resolve conflicts.
- Train and coach new team members on agile processes and developing an agile mindset.
- Coach team on constructing industry standard story constructs that support delivery cadence disciplines and includes
- appropriate acceptance criteria and definitions of ready and definition of done.
Agile Scrum Master Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Product Owner (PO), Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Development team to ensure that a sprint backlog
- is ready for Sprint Planning.
- Support and educate Product Owners, especially around the refinement and maintenance of the Product Backlog.
- Responsible for accurate status reporting of performance of sprints and projects.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and team-based release planning.
- Work with the team to define sprint goals and work closely with the team to ensure delivery of sprint goals and team commitments.
- Play a key role in facilitating realistic estimates of delivery effort to assist with team planning.
- Assume a high level of ownership for the agile processes adopted within your team.
- Ability to clearly communicate in all forms including email, phone, documents and in person.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related degree.
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience leading a software development.
- Experience developing an agile mindset in yourself and others.
- In-depth knowledge of agile estimation and planning techniques.
- Proven experience in recognizing issues, risks, and dependencies in all phases of an agile project and applying appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Experience working with Product Owners and Stakeholders. Communication skills are vital.
- Team player with the ability to work with individuals at all levels within an organization.
- The ability to build trust and openness in interactions within and outside the team.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and generate confidence while respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership, prioritizes own workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using Jira to manage the iterations.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.