Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a Strategy & Analytics Analyst who will play a critical role in scaling and growing Benchling's revenue, and accelerating the adoption of our products in the market through best-in-class operations.
- Report directly to the Head of Sales Operations and join a team that spans Strategy & Analytics, Enablement, Deal Desk and Sales Systems & Processes. The role will focus on the Strategy & Analytics function.
- Lead development of broad-ranging analyses and recommendations to succinctly summarize/analyze key metrics and initiatives at existing businesses, and efforts of expansion to new areas/markets of interest.
- Lead recurring processes and partner with Sales Leadership on medium/long-term planning with focuses on territory sizings, product focus, resourcing and other initiatives.
- Use customer and market feedback, competitive intelligence, and business metrics to conduct impactful analyses to support Benchlings corporate strategy.
- Establish frameworks and processes for monitoring, sharing and global coordination across markets to inform future GTM strategy.
- Drive forward business critical projects from concept to successful completion.
- Demonstrate business expertise that connects, understands, and leverages company-wide assets and capabilities.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have worked 3+ years in a Strategy, Consulting or Operations role at a SaaS/B2B company
- Experience working in the Life Sciences industry is a plus
- Have a strong interest in analysis and enjoying modeling scenarios with varying levels of input
- Are excellent at listening to others and expressing ideas in written and oral form
- Experience developing go-to-market strategies and executing at scale
- Are able to partner with several cross-functional teams on strategic initiatives
- Have a track record for delivering measurable change within an organization
- Can identify new opportunities and provide sound reasoning for strategy decisions
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear, succinct and concrete way
- Have a strong competency with tools commonly used by Sales teams (i.e. Salesforce, CMS, Prospecting tools, etc..)
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.