Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading and coaching a high-performing, sales team at the individual level. The Sales Manager will be responsible for contributing to and executing the strategic direction as set forth by the Director and VP of Sales. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced sales environment with relatively short sales cycles and high-growth expectations. The Sales Manager will own a segment of the business, and will be responsible to delivering against sales targets, while contributing to the successful rollout of new products to returning customers and net new dealerships.
What Youll Do:
- Directly manage a 9+ person inside sales team with a broader management scope of 20
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to communicate the needs of CarGurus customers and product requirements
- Utilize an analytical mindset that allows for deeper inspection of individual, team, and segment level pipeline development and forecasting
- Bring a growth mind-set to the team while continually driving accountability, trust, and integrity
- Spearhead the rollout of new products and programs, ensuring that reps are adequately trained and confident for significant client adoption
- Effectively communicates, formally and informally, up and down the organization
- Contribute to all aspects of sales management administration (forecasting, territory reviews, etc.)
- Comfortable and proficient in the implementation of sales processes and methodologies (Sandler experience is a plus)
- Continual spot coaching, as well as organized sessions in the interest of up-skilling members of the team on a professional, personal, and financial basis.
- Speaking engagements and face-to-face responsibilities on an ad hoc basis
- Get in the trenches to strategize and help to move deals across the line with the team
Who You Are:
- BA/BS minimum
- 2+ years of inside sales/account management people leadership
- Track record of success and achievement in sales and other pursuits
- Experience selling SaaS or other internet/technology subscriptions a strong plus
- Effective user of technology tools, including CRM, to improve sales performance
- Ambitious sales leader committed to the success of his/her team
- Exceptional credibility with previous team members and organizations
- Strong track record of decisiveness and accountability in previous roles
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.