Tamr is the enterprise data mastering company trusted by large enterprises like Blackstone, the US Air Force, Toyota, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with human feedback to master and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by top-tier investors such as NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
The primary responsibility of this position is to identify, qualify, manage and close Tamr software opportunities within the Enterprise market/Fortune 1000. Consistent achievement of individual sales objectives and company sales objectives is expected. The emphasis is placed on ARR software license into new and existing accounts, with services. This is a sales position that requires strong interpersonal communication sales skills. The position will require finding and managing new Tamr prospect relationships as well as developing new relationships in the accounts once they have been closed initially. This position will assist management in devising effective sales plans and strategies and will operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs sales activities for an assigned territory to achieve or exceed assigned target objectives. Position requires a sales professional that is proficient in:
-Software Solution Sales Able to assess customer needs and specific objectives that can be uniquely
achieved through the application of Tamrs solutions and services.
-Prospecting Uses creativity and a disciplined approach to maintain a sufficient pipeline of qualified opportunities to consistently achieve sales objectives.
-Identification and development of net new opportunities/new accounts
-Creates and executes accounts development plan that will ensure consistent bookings growth.
-Qualification Strategically uncovers factors that will help assess sales predictability. Factors are
broad in scope and multifaceted in depth.
-Presentation - Creates and performs compelling sales presentations to match Tamr's solutions with identified needs.
-Negotiation and Closing Ability to balance Tamr and customer objectives to create win-win business relationships.
-Relationship Development Develops strong internal and external (customer and partner) relationships that foster sales teamwork, productivity and bookings achievement.
-Technology Ideal candidate will have knowledge of and demonstrative sales experience in either Big Data, Business intelligence or Analytics.
-CRM/Sales Tools Proper use of sf.com to maintain sales records, activity and accurate sales forecasting. Completes forms, tasks and sales reports as required by management.
-Communication Consistent and effective internal/external communication. Keeps customers updated on company direction and product development. Relays customer feedback to the company for marketing and product enhancement consideration.
Successful candidates will be motivated and driven by personal and company sales achievement, earnings potential and customer satisfaction.
Key Sales Metrics:
- Sales Quota Achievement
- Opportunity Pipeline Growth Ongoing identification and development of ARR license and service opportunities to enable consistent quota achievement
- Account Growth on-going development of new accounts to the Tamr customer base
- Customer facing interaction and activity - Regularly scheduled and qualified sales meetings and activities (onsite/web demonstrations/scheduled calls) per week with qualified decision makers
- Regular and appropriate communication, engagement and involvement of Sales and Sales Leadership team in sales situations
- Teamwork and ability to use company resources efficiently in achieving objectives
- Use of Salesforce.com as key opportunity management resource
Essential Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years Software Sales experience with demonstrable success selling either Big Data, Business
- Intelligence or Business Analytics software solutions within the Enterprise market/Fortune 1000.
- Candidates must demonstrate history of consistent sales achievement.
- Proven selling skills.
- An understanding of industry trends and relevant business drivers.
- Excellent knowledge of company's products/services and pricing practices.
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Start-up/early stage company experience is a plus.
- Demonstration of knowledge and competency in a vertical market is desirable.
- Highly motivated, self-starter attitude is a must.
This position is available on the east coast of the U.S. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.