Jellyfish is on a mission to change the way engineering and product teams are managed, moving from a gut-instinct based approach to helping power decision making that uses data and analytics to improve outcomes and team performance. To put it another way, we feel like were building the Salesforce.com for R&D teams - its a pretty ambitious vision and were looking for people who are excited about being challenged and joining us on that mission. We have some of the top investors in the world (Accel, Wing) who believe in our product and team. Our co-founders are bringing decades of product and engineering leadership experience to the table with a $1bn+ exit to Oracle under their belt (Endeca in 2011), and they have reunited to build something special again.
While the sales team at Jellyfish is still in its infancy stages, we have grown from a small team of 3 to a bloom 20+ professionals in just 18 months and after back-to-back years of record growth under our belt, we are looking to add another Sales Manager to the team.
As Sales Manager, you will:
- Mentor, manage and develop a quota achieving sales team of high performing Account Executives
- Cultivate, build and maintain strong client relationships
- Be responsible for recruiting, hiring, and training up a strong team of AEs
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales Operations and Sales Leadership team on building a scalable Go-to-Market strategy, sales process improvements, Outbound campaigns, and more
- Be trained up on the technical aspects of Jellyfish and expected to provide frontline support to your team in demonstrating Jellyfish and educating engineering leaders on our value proposition and capabilities
- You have experience leading and managing a team of Account Executives in B2B SaaS software - 2-5+ years experience, ACVs of $25-$100k
- You have the ability to learn a technical sale - preferably have given a good number of product demonstrations and Discovery calls yourself to help your team
- Own and manage a quarterly Forecast - rolling up AE callouts and managing a team number
- Youre passionate about BUILDING - we are a team of Do-ers and still in our infancy stages of bringing a new product to market and establishing a brand new category. We need folks who care about process, culture, scale, and experimentation so that we can constantly improve and identify new opportunities for efficiency gains
Bonus points if:
- You have worked at a small startup before and loved it
- Have participated in SaaS sales where it was very much a green field opportunity and Outbound was a heavy part of the sales motion
- Have experience in top down exec driven SaaS sales vs. bottoms up or PLG
- You are passionate about sales process or sales culture as all team members play a role in helping develop these at Jellyfish
- You have a sense of humor! We know sales is a hard job, and theres a lot of work to do to accomplish the lofty goals we have, but we also want to make work fun along the way.
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.