You might have a background in pre-sales or you might be an experienced IT professional with strong communication skills looking to move out of the back office. This position is a technical pre-sales consulting role supporting the sales activities of the Mimecast North American business unit for our small and medium business segment (customers under 1,000 employees.) The primary responsibilities are to provide pre-sales technical support to Mimecast sales staff, reseller partners and customers. Other responsibilities are to include some involvement in key customer engagements and training of our sales teams. A large majority of the activity will be focused on pre-sales activity.
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical advice and support to sales opportunities and engaging with technical contacts in customer and reseller partner organizations, to ensure the Mimecast service is positioned correctly, understood and any technical objections are overcome. This will include product demonstrations, presentations to senior customer contacts and writing formal RFP response documents as well as the preparation of high level implementation plans. The role will involve close working with sales colleagues and input into the qualification and sales strategies in partnership with sales.
- In conjunction with our Service Delivery team, supporting more complex solutions and overseeing the implementation and success of pre-sales proof-of-concepts. Some experience in project management and working with technology partners is helpful.
- Experience in the design, management and maintenance of typical business email systems
- Strong understanding of typical email system migration processes and tools used in Exchange migrations and upgrades
- Extensive understanding of email archiving solutions and archiving business drivers
- Experience of working with demanding business customers
- Familiarity with networking and security technologies and services
- Understanding of spam, viruses and email security and Internet based threats
- Proven record of taking ownership of real customer issues and resolving them under pressure
- Track record of responsibility for project leadership and completion
- Ability to work with and gain input and resources from multiple teams and disciplines
- Ability to explain technical solutions to a business focused customer
- Ability to be proactive and self sufficient
- Flexible approach and willingness to learn new skills and disciplines
- In depth understanding of email management and security/archiving solutions such as Forefront, ProofPoint, Barracuda, Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Experience in dealing with customers in a pre-sales environment
- Experience in consultative selling of complex services
- Real experience with anti-spam, anti-virus, archiving vendors and services
- Experience with Saas based solutions
- Experience of operating in an indirect sales environment
- Experience of working in a high growth and dynamic company
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
More Jobs From