Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Sales Engineer for the Northeast Region.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is part of the Imprivata Sales Engineering organization and operates as a highly skilled technical resource who is involved in all aspects of the sales cycle. This position is assigned a territory and works directly with Imprivatas Regional Sales Managers and Channel Partners to understand prospective and existing customers technical and end user workflow requirements for new and add-on sales opportunities. The Sales Engineer demonstrates the appropriate Imprivata product features and workflows in the form of customized product demonstrations and proof of concept (POC) evaluations. The SE also educates customers on Imprivatas professional services offerings and develops statements of work (SOWs) for services engagements. This position works out of their home office and is expected to travel throughout their assigned region to provide the necessary pre-sales technical support to close new opportunities in an efficient and effective manner. Travel is required approximately 50% of the time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and drive all technical aspects of the sales cycle:
- Understand key technical and end user workflow requirements
- Develop and present appropriate solutions based on Imprivatas products and services
- Develop proposals and key success criteria for evaluations
- Lead technical demonstrations and evaluations
- Develop estimates, proposals and statements of work for professional services engagements
- In collaboration with the Imprivata Regional Sales Manager, achieve strategic company objectives and territory revenue goals
- Provide key enablement services to channel partners and assist them in selling and supporting Imprivatas products and services
- Provide trade show and demonstration support for marketing events
- Research, compose, and deliver responses to RFI/RFPs
- Transition accounts post sale to Imprivatas Professional Services team
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or in a related technical discipline
- 5+ years relevant sales engineering, consulting or system integration experience with one or more vendors or Value Added Resellers (VARs) in the technology industry
- Expertise in a broad range of applications and technologies including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows operating systems
- LDAP-based directory technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory
- Application/software virtualization technologies such as Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Microsoft Terminal Services and VMware Workstation and Horizon View
- Identity Management and Single Sign-On technologies
- Enterprise and SaaS-based software security technologies
- Experience staging and delivering technical demonstrations and proof of concept evaluations
- Hands-on and relevant working experience with an automated provisioning or identity management solution
- Hands-on and relevant working experience with Microsoft SQL Server is desired
- Scripting or software development experience is desired, but not required
- Experience selling multiple products and supporting multiple sales representatives
- Experience discussing, scoping and estimating professional services
- Excellent presentation skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience selling to healthcare providers is strongly desired
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Company is requiring all of its new employees who regularly work at a Company office, attend Company-related events/meetings, or travel on behalf of Imprivata to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However when an employee cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, the Company will consider whether a reasonable accommodation is required by applicable law. If you believe that you cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, you may request an accommodation by contacting us. Otherwise, you will need to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.