About the Team:
The Intralinks sales engineering team is the spear point in the company--closing the technical sale, building key customer relationships, crafting innovative solutions, helping to drive product strategy. Youll be part of a global team of experts in Intralinks technologies, enterprise architectures, and cutting-edge new technologies.
In this role you will be leading pre-sale discovery to analyze the secure document exchange needs of the prospective customer. You will recommend potential solutions that map the business goals and objectives of the customer to the Intralinks technology suite. You deliver intuitive product demonstrates that reflect the customers requirements. After the contract is executed the Sales Engineer will be instrumental communicating customer requirements to the professional services team. The Sales Engineer will also contribute to product strategy communicating VOC (voice of the customer) to Product Management and Product Marketing teams.
Day to Day:
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how the solutions meet customer needs. Positively differentiate products and services from other options in the market.
- Developing long-term relationships with customers through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Identify critical process and value opportunities within a customer environment and understand how they would be addressed by Intralinks technology.
- In Pre-Sales, serve as the primary solution architect and technical contact for prospective customers and for new use cases/net new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Work closely with Account Managers to identify new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Dynamically influence customers on how product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price, and delivery.
- Assist Account Executives in developing discovery phase Summary Document for prospective customers and net new opportunities.
- Develop presentations and on-line product demonstrations for customer meetings or marketing events.
- Understand industry security architectures and how Intralinks would form part of a customers security solution.
- Lead a cross functional team on RFI/RFP responses.
- Provide training and producing support material for other members of the sales team.
- Liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts.
- Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events.
- Measure success criteria against customer business goals and objectives.
- Advocate for communicating the value of new features and functions across the organization.
- Position the solution as the technology platform of the future.
- In Post-sales, ensure adoption and renewal, identify and help drive new use case scenarios.
- Support Product Management/Marketing with field information such as feature requirements, product enhancements and new use case scenarios.
- Be available to travel up to 50% of the time domestically and internationally if required.
- Bachelors Degree information management systems, computer science, or related field.
- 3+ working in a technical sales role.
- Experience demonstrating software that addresses customer requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to speak publicly to groups, and create and deliver effective presentations.
- Experience with and knowledge of security architectures.
- Solution selling experience.
It would be great if you also:
- Demonstrated experience working with customers in financial markets especially for Alternative Investments, but also M&A, and Debt Capital Markets with an understanding on how business processes work within those verticals.
- Proven knowledge of the SaaS Alternative Investment and VDR solution markets and competitive technology landscape.
- Demonstrated ability in quantitative analysis, and an ability to think creatively to achieve solutions.
Intralinks is the platform of choice for secure content distribution and collaboration. We continue to invest in new ideas to evolve our company and provide value to our clients. Sales Engineers play a big part in driving innovation as they impart important customer requirements to Intralinks product and strategy leaders. In this role youll have impact on the business, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and drive Intralinks revenue along the way. #WhatLinksUs
SS&C Intralinks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.