Full-time - San Diego, CA or Remote, USA
Hurry up! Weve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is an international start-up thats growing fast. We love what we do, were proud of how we do it, and weve teamed up to create a truly exceptional product and company. BlueConic is a leader in the white-hot customer data platform space and its our job to make sure every marketer gets in on the fun.
Are you the type of pre-sales consultant that wants to set the bar for achievement at a fast-growing start-up in one of the hottest SaaS markets? Does getting in on the ground floor and helping drive the companys early success get you excited? Are you motivated by playing a critical role in building the future of the company?
Weve got a job for you.
Were looking for the next rock star to join the BlueCrew and we need a Pre-Sales Engineer who gets fired up to:
- Consult with CMOs, marketing technologists, VPs and Directors of Marketing, digital marketers, and digital product owners possessing a varying range of technical aptitudes
- Own the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with our prospects, from early product demonstrations to structured evaluations of the platform
- Creatively solve technical implementation issues in a variety of technical environments
- Participate in webinars and industry events, demonstrating the value of our offering and
- Help provide expertise for Proof of Concepts and Onboarding
In this role you will:
- Provide product/service advice and technical guidance to sales representatives, partners, and prospects while empathizing with their business challenges.
- Develop a strong understanding of our sales, onboarding and product delivery process, leveraging resources in Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, Product & Services to ensure customer success.
- Work closely with the product team to return product feedback to inform future product requirements/enhancements
- Pro-actively engage with colleagues in ongoing knowledge sharing and subject matter growth
- Create and deliver customized product demonstrations for prospects, customers, and partners both in-person and remotely
- Participate in the completion of RFPs and/or RFIs
- Create/maintain documentation for opportunities or internal process
- 5+ years experience as a (pre-)sales engineer working with enterprise SaaS product(s)
- Deep understanding of Marketing fundamentals (and challenges Marketers face) as they relate to the CDP
- Knowledge of APIs as they relate to data exchange
- Understanding of various database technologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both verbal and written and experience that demonstrate technical proficiency, digital marketing knowledge and business acumen
- Ability to assess customer requirements, identify business problems, and demonstrate proposed solutions
- Ability to adopt/adhere to BlueConic demonstration fundamentals
- Deep understanding of the SaaS sales process, cycle, and supporting methodologies in an enterprise setting
- BA/BS degree or equivalent related work experience
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Ability to work remotely (with a controlled office-like setup)
- Comfortable being self-sufficient in a highly dynamic startup environment
Familiarity with at least some of the following systems is a prerequisite
- Customer Data Platforms
- Predictive Analytics
- Web Analytics
- Content Management Systems
- Data Management Platforms
- Display Marketing
- Mobile Analytics
- Email Service Providers
- Ad Serving
- Demand or Supply Side Platforms
- Search Engine Marketing
- Testing, Optimization and multivariate testing
Reasons to join the BlueCrew:
- Be an integral part of a dynamic and professional team that brings a wide variety of experiences and skill sets.
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career advancement.
- Work with big name brands to achieve their marketing goals.
- Join early and help shape this function as it expands and grows with customer demand.
- Enjoy competitive salary and an uncapped variable plan to reward you for incremental success.
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels. Our SaaS platform is the solution for challenges marketers havent been able to solve for years. Were headquartered in Boston and our development team works from the Netherlands. With more than 300 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions.
As a group, we are driven by building the dream - the collective passion, ethic, vision, and set of values channeled by a group to achieve a common goal of being extraordinary. Our goal is for BlueConic to be a fun, productive, welcoming, and safe space where BlueCrew members of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, life experiences, nationalities, ages, religions, and beliefs are empowered to be able to make an outsized impact every day for customers, for partners, for employees.
To join the BlueCrew is to:
- Enjoy hard work and seek out a challenge.
- Care deeply about your colleagues, the mission, and your results.
- Draw energy from the task at hand and radiate it to motivate the people around you.
- Have amazing ideas and be able to bring them to fruition.
- Prioritize hustle over title and results over resumes.
- Balance the pragmatic and systematic, repeatability and opportunism.
- Refuse to compromise on quality, honesty, or dedication.
- Insist on the highest caliber deliverables, especially when sharing externally, even when it seems excessive or nit-picky.