Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
As a Sales Development Representative at Veeva, you will join a highly accelerated two-year path for ambitious and motivated individuals interested in a sales career. This accelerated sales track is comprised of two distinct phases:
Phase 1: Youll work as a Sales Development Representative (SDR). Well teach you about the Life Sciences industry and SaaS technology. Youll generate sales demand and pipeline revenue through inbound and outbound lead development. This job will help you build both foundational sales skills and an authentic sales approach.
Phase 2: You will be promoted to Associate Account Executive and aligned to a sales team and sales manager. In this role, you will continue to develop leads, which will become the basis for your territory as an Account Executive. You will also shadow top-performing Account Executives to learn how they succeed and to understand the full deal cycle from lead to renewal.
We will invest in your learning and growth, with formal education, peer-to-peer activities, coaching, and mentoring. Upon successful completion of these two phases, you will be promoted to an Account Executive position in our Field Sales organization and positioned for a great and long-term career in Sales.
What You'll Do
- Work within a defined territory to generate and qualify new leads and opportunities
- Research and develop a plan for breaking into your assigned accounts
- Partner closely with a sales team and account executives to advance and close your opportunities over time
- Build trusted relationships with prospective customers, understand their needs, and recommend the right Veeva products and solutions
- Rapidly develop your sales skills on the job and through training and events
- 2+ years of professional experience in sales within a fast-paced environment
- BA or BS Degree in a technical major (STEM, Economics, Accounting, etc.) with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter that is comfortable and confident in taking initiative
- Organized. Can manage time and multiple priorities
- Willing to travel as needed
- Legally authorized to be employed in the United States without limitations or restrictions
Nice to Have
- Experience in Consulting, Customer Success, or Project Management
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Experience or demonstrated interest in Life Sciences or Technology
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness programs
- Personalized giving program
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].