At Liaison, we’ve helped higher ed institutions build better, more diverse classes for three decades. You may recognize us as the company behind the Centralized Application Service (CAS), Enrollment Marketing services and platform (EMP), SlideRoom, Time2Track, TargetX (CRM) and Othot.
Everything we do is focused on taking that proven success and expanding its scope and scale. Over 31,000 programs on more than 1,000 campuses see us as a forward-thinking partner integral to meeting their total enrollment goals — and we’re building the data- and mission-driven team that will reinforce our role for decades to come.
The Marketing department at Liaison is looking for a motivated professional who is early on in their career, passionate about higher education, and interested in gaining valuable experience selling enterprise software. The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated, business orientated individual looking to build a successful career in sales or education technology. The candidate should also enjoy working as part of a close knit team, yet have the skills and drive to be successful as an individual contributor. This position will provide a great opportunity to work closely with Marketing and Sales leadership and with leading colleges and universities. Prior experience in inside sales or sales development is preferred, but not required.
The top objective of this position is to help the Marketing team achieve their lead generation and appointment setting targets with an overarching goal of generating pipeline for the Sales team.
Inbound Lead Development
- Engage with Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) via phone, email, and/or social channels to qualify and set meetings for the Account Executives (AEs), logging all activity in Hubspot CRM.
- Manage MQL appointment setting and successful completion.
- Support ongoing development and improvement of internal assessment of MQLs.
Outbound Lead Generation
- Engage with prospects at target accounts via phone, email, and/or social channels in order to set appointments for AEs, logging all activity in Hubspot CRM.
- Launch creative outbound sales initiatives and programs in collaboration with the Marketing and Sales teams to support lead generation outside of inbound MQLs.
- Support Account Executives with prospecting projects throughout their assigned territories and help with other sales activities as needed.
- Assist in planning, and immediate follow-up for major events such as conferences, webinars, and gated content releases
- Share market feedback and industry trends in real-time to help inspire future Marketing and Sales Development campaigns.
- Assist with industry events and other marketing activities as needed.
Experience Required and Ideal Candidate Profile
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated leadership or success in school or other activities.
- Excellent communication skills — written and verbal.
- Highly motivated and ambitious.
- Passion for higher education or education technology.
- Ability to manage their own workload independently, multi-task, and prioritize effectively.
- A self-starter with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms like Hubspot or Salesforce preferred, but not required.
- Prior sales development experience is a big plus.