In this role, you will:
- Implement and evaluate machine and system intelligence algorithms, and modify them as needed for applications.
- Develop software to support: traveling, perception handling, navigation, obstacle avoidance, and task handling of robots
- Design and perform tests to verify software in simulation and on robots.
- Be proactive in suggesting improvements, solving problems, and escalating risks.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Help build the smartest robots in the world.
- 2+ years’ experience (class projects not included) with a BS, or some experience with an MS in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or relevant engineering degree.
- Software development experience in one or more of the following areas: robotic controls, planning, navigation, human-robot interaction, manipulation, machine learning.
- Experience with embedded software development, including testing, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in at least one of: C++, Python, or Java.
- Strong analytical reasoning, organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) and Linux a plus.
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous materials handling robots and orchestration software for warehousing, distribution, and manufacturing. Our technology is designed to work seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible pallet moves in dynamic environments. As a growing market leader for collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and approach problem solving with a customer-centric point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, enthusiasm, and learning. We aim to work smarter, learn faster, live safer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.