CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
CreateMe is seeking a Robotics Engineer (System Integration) such as yourself to be a part of a dynamic and innovative R&D team in the Bay Area. You would be a part of a team of Robotics, Software, Electrical, Automation, and Mechanical Engineers developing automation technology in the apparel manufacturing space. We work in a fast paced and dynamic environment developing a suite of hardware and software applications. We are looking for a Robotics Engineer with emphasis on Mechatronics who will work closely with the rest of our robotics team and develop prototypes. To be successful, you should have a good understanding of connected devices, robotic sensors, and firmware and software development.
- Implement and validate software and hardware communication protocols
- Develop machine learning and computer vision applications for a smart factory environment
- Quality assurance of the software and validation of CI/CD pipeline and software upgrades
- Implementing new software designs from concept to production
- Working with the R&D team to come up with innovative ideas
- Maintain and update the documentation of various software modules
- Design, execute, and report experiments on robotic software/hardware
- Manage software design and build for engineering units
- BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering or related fields with minimum 5 years of experience
- Proficiency in embedded C, Python 3, C++, git, and docker
- Experience in test and development cycles
- Hands-on experience with robotic prototype
- Familiarity with industry standards and inspired to excel in the fields of robotics and automation
- Proficient in classical control theory, including linear control theory and discrete control system.
- Ability to develop and implement algorithms to improve autonomous systems.
- Strong understanding of SLAM, obstacle avoidance, path planning ect.
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- PhD with relevant work and research experience
- Experience with vision sensors, IMUs, Navigation, Robotic sensors and MicroController Programming
- Experience with with real-time OS and real-time applications
- You have working knowledge of IoT device
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.