We are seeking a US-based revolutionary actuary to help us reimagine the life, annuity, and long term care insurance industries while making a real societal impact. You will work with our US and Israel-based teams to:
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop machine-learning based assumption and projection models
- Support actuaries and non-actuaries at partner insurance companies
- Model and evaluate the effects of innovative aging in place and underwriting programs
- Help team members better understand the world of insurance and actuaries
- Develop pricing models for new life, annuity, and long term care insurance products
- Develop innovative M&A/reinsurance transactions and financial derivatives
- Support business development efforts and client meetings
This position can be remote and more than one position may be available.
To the qualified candidate we offer a salary based on experience level plus equity, medical, dental, vision, PTO.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Startup state of mind: You see ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as a chance to build.
- Like getting your hands dirty: You can design the perfect strategy recommendation, but are just as energized diving in to put the plan into action.
- Critical thinking: You synthesize and solve complex problems that go beyond the boundaries of traditional actuarial thinking.
- Self motivated: You can work without supervision and take initiative to move the companys mission forward.
- Empathy: You internalize the viewpoints from multiple perspectives to build shared understanding, ask good questions, then effectively communicate your well-thought-out recommendations.
- F-U-N: Our team is dedicated and passionate about building a company we are proud to represent. We know creating new products is as much about the journey as the destination. We work together to build a culture that people want to be a part of.
Specific Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of life, annuity, or long term care insurance actuarial experience
- Near-ASA, ASA, or FSA designation
- Strong background in mathematics, data science, and/or software development
- Understanding of life, annuity, or long term care reserving, experience studies, modeling, or pricing methods is a plus
About Assured Allies
We are on a mission to (1) create the next generation of insurance products that empower older adults to successfully age at home, and (2) properly price, monitor and manage existing longevity product liabilities by combining data science and actuarial expertise.
Our culture and values emphasize embracing diversity, helping each other balance work and life, openness and sharing, teaching and learning, and asking each other for help or feedback.
We have raised a series A, and have offices in Tel Aviv and Boston, MA.