Quality isnt just a goal. Its the whole point.
Our customers are under a lot of pressure to deliver great software. But to compress lifecycles, add features, and compete in a world where every company is now a software company is hard. And one mistake can mean their reputation, even future. Thats why its our mission to help. At any part of their software development lifecycle (SDLC), we provide the tools and discipline to focus on quality while streamlining their processes. So our customers can create and deploy software that works as designed especially when its needed most. And were looking for people to join us.
SmartBear seeks a Revenue Manager to join our dedicated, passionate team of professionals. This role will report to the Assistant Controller and will lead the day-to-day operations of our revenue accounting function. This role will leverage technical expertise with US GAAP, and specifically ASC 606, to identify accounting implications and impacts to customers. They will collaborate with team members cross-functionally to develop operational processes that help us scale revenue recognition accounting processes. This role will work cross functionally on all components of revenue with members of Finance, Sales, and Legal to provide technical expertise to develop policies, processes, controls, and systems ensuring scalability for the companys future growth. The successful candidate will be excited to streamlines processes, develop meaningful reporting, create valuable KPIs and work in a team to help grow and scale the company!
- Lead and manage monthly, quarterly and annual revenue accounting close activities, including all required analyses, balance sheet reconciliations, and technical memos/whitepapers to support timely and accurate revenue recognition
- Review and approve complex, multiple element arrangements to support compliance with applicable external authoritative guidance (US GAAP and IFRS) and internal company policies
- Work with cross-functional groups to ensure agreements are structured in a way that accomplish sales and business objectives while maintaining compliance with revenue recognition requirements
- Design, document, implement and maintain effective accounting policies, procedures and controls (SOX-like) over revenue accounting cycle, including accounting for non-standard transactions, while ensuring internal controls are designed and operating effectively
- Provide revenue recognition accounting expertise to Finance, Legal and Sales departments for non-standard transactions and develop or refine revenue accounting policies and procedures as new products and services are introduced
- Work closely with FP&A department to support monthly and quarterly management reporting and flux analyses for multiple revenue streams as well as forecasting of future revenues
- Work with M&A team to complete due diligence, provide integration assistance and direct ASC 606 compliance for the company
- Partner with the billings and collections team to ensure quality of billings in support of quality revenue recognition
- Own the revenue portion of external audits
- Keep finance and other cross-functional team members abreast of developments regarding revenue recognition developments
- Perform special projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis, as required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of accounting experience, including a mix of public accounting and software industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of prior experience with revenue recognition in a software license and services environment
- Experience at a supervisory/manager level required
- Comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition guidance, including ASC 985, ASC 605 and ASC 606
- SEC reporting experience strongly preferred, either through client service or working at a public company
- Proven ability to interpret and apply accounting guidance and prepare formal, well-supported, memos and supporting analyses
- Strong communication skills, including ability to present technical guidance and analysis in a comprehensive and articulate manner to different levels and departments throughout the organization
- Process optimization focused - vision with the ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity
- Advanced skills in Excel/spreadsheet modeling
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce is preferred
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use and will use. Whether its TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, theyre easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. Were used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever youre going, well help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.