Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Revenue Manager to play a key role within Veevas revenue accounting team that will be integral to ensuring the accurate accounting and reporting of professional services revenue in accordance with GAAP. This position will be instrumental in supporting the growing, global revenue function while also helping to build scalable processes in a fast-growing environment.
What Youll Do
- Manage and oversee global professional services revenue which includes order-to-cash, billings, and revenue management
- Own the relationship with the professional services business and other cross-functional teams
- Own the month-end close process for professional services revenue, including account reconciliations and review of key reports.
- Perform review of professional service revenue contracts under ASC 606
- Participate in strategic global programs and transition projects
- Create efficiencies in order-to-cash processes by leveraging technological solutions
- Lead the integration and revenue recognition of acquired companies for services
- Own documentation of controls and updating changes to existing processes
- Manage of team of revenue analysts, supporting the professional services and/or services operations team, driving projects to create efficient month-end close processes with a focus on automation, and helping the teams grow and be efficient
- Work with the external auditors to provide the required support for the quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years experience in revenue accounting and operations at a hi-tech company (2+ years as Manager)
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to partner with and influence personnel cross-functionally within Veeva.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience with Zuora RevPro, NetSuite
- Experience in both Publicly Traded SaaS company and Big 4 public accounting
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Flexible PTO and Work from Anywhere Policy
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].