Revenue Accountant (Remote through COVID-19)
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help people around the world unleash their edge.
As Revenue Accountant, you will direct system and process efficiency while ensuring that all revenue accounting practices are ASC 606 compliant. This is a critical role on our global accounting team and will report to the Director, Revenue. Skillsoft is a fast-growing company and a global leader in enterprise e-learning SaaS technology. If you are a motivated, self-starter with a strong desire to succeed, read on!
- Review of sales arrangements to identify Skillsoft’s performance obligations and associated fees in accordance with ASC 606.
- Participate in process improvement projects in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Assist in maintaining internal control policy and procedure documentation in accordance with SOX standards.
- Evaluate and test annual SOX compliance.
- Work closely with the Legal and Sales teams to structure contractual terms that align with the Company’s revenue recognition model.
- Regularly meet and build relationships with functional owners to create metrics, review performance, and address business needs.
- Prepare revenue recognition analysis in line with the new 606 guidance.
- Assist in all revenue recognition matters with the external audit firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Provide timely and comprehensive responses to inquiries from various department heads and functional owners (Sales, Finance, Marketing, etc.) related to sales arrangements.
- Assist in the preparation of revenue reports for the company’s Senior Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Create ad-hoc reports and analyses as requested by the Finance & Accounting and Sales & Marketing teams.
- Create and maintain databases in preparation for reporting requirements.
- This position is remote until our offices reopen (WFH 2-3 days per week thereafter).
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience working with a SaaS environment.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and revenue recognition rules, including ASC 606.
- Strong technical skills including advanced Excel and ERP experience.
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft (US) Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.