Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismics platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
This Revenue Accountant role will be responsible for reviewing customer contracts, maintaining general ledger accounts, and performing other accounting analyses.
Who You Are:
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and takes pride in all that you do.
- Comfortable in dynamic environments with changing priorities.
- Skilled at managing multiple responsibilities while striving to exceed expectations.
- Displays a sense of humor and humility during those challenging times.
What you'll be doing:
- Actively involved in the monthly close process including preparation of reports and analysis.
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and flux analysis at month-end close.
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logic or enhancements, new revenue standards, and support new product launches.
- Enhance existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders including finance, on a variety of projects.
- Support external audit requirements.
- Assist in financial reporting during the month-end close process.
- Review of customer contracts as they adhere to revenue standards, working with Sales Operations and the Contracts teams to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Support revenue team on ad-hoc analysis and projects.
- Research sales tax requirements, as well as assisting in the periodic filing of sales tax returns and reviewing proper customer invoicing of sales tax.
- Support Orders to Cash team on ad-hoc analysis and projects.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance. Month-end close experience required.
- 2 4 years professional experience in Finance (at least a year in public accounting a plus)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data.
- Experience with NetSuite or other large financial systems. Experience using NetSuite's Advance Revenue Recognition Module is a plus.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines.
- Might need to travel periodically to our head office in San Diego.
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays,and paid parental leave
- CompetitiveMedical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership,and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.