The Revenue Accountant will handle all aspects of Revenue Recognition and Cash Accounting in compliance with the company detailed standards and GAAP. This position reports to the Controller. Responsibilities include:
- Manage and improve monthly, quarterly & annual closing and reconciliation procedures related to revenue recognition
- Ensure that customer-related revenue is accounted for, billed and reported properly
- Analyze revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606 standards
- Prepare and report on monthly bookings and deferred revenue
- Document revenue accounting conclusions related to each deal and ensure revenue arrangements are set up appropriately in accordance with the Company's Revenue Policy
- Own the contract administration system
- Review contracts under ASC606 to ensure accurate revenue recognition.
- Select and implement contract administration software to enhance our process.
- Create and process invoices for all deals in a timely manner
- Work directly with clients to ensure payments are received on time; manage collections for overdue invoices
- Track payments received by the company and keep accurate transaction records.
- Submit records of accounts reconciliations to management as stipulated
- Support the month-end close process
Candidates for this position must demonstrate the following:
- 3-5 years of experience working in a Technology/SaaS environment or public accounting is preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Salesforce and contract administration
- Excellent communication skills for interactions with clients and internal colleagues