Were on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
A Starburst Resident Solutions Architect is a strategic technical consultant for some of our most complex customers. In this role, you will be expected to execute a book of work that a customer has contracted against, from tuning JVMs for high performance to customizations to architectural planning. Youll also collaborate with a Technical Account Manager and Account Executive to elevate key findings and skillfully advise customers on projects that will help them achieve their business goals.
Were looking for highly motivated individuals with backgrounds in deploying and debugging complex systems. Background in distributed systems, Hadoop, cloud technologies, security, DBMSs and navigating a complex Java codebase are all useful technical skills. Equally important are strong communication skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic environment when needed. Trino encompasses a wide range of technologies, and most important is the desire and ability to learn.
- Architect technical solutions to meet customers business objectives
- Burn down technical backlog as prioritized by customers
- Meet with customer on a regular cadence to review, plan and prioritize workload
- Explore integrations and extensions of Trino with customers
- Diagnose and resolve unforeseen technical obstacles
- Act as a liaison between customers and other teams to assist in resolution of key issues, bugs, and requirements for customers
- Act as eyes and ears of the Starburst team to raise issues, identify risk, and mitigate potential downstream blockers
- Setting up and tuning distributed processing engines
- Analyzing code and using ad-hoc tests to troubleshoot complex issues
- Hadoop (specifically HDFS and Hive)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift)
- Authentication (LDAP, Kerberos)
- Authorization technologies
At Starburst, were constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.