Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled real estate management company serving the $86-billion-plus rental (SFR) sector. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd was named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020. Beyond just property management, Mynd also helps both retail and institutional investors with buying and selling, financing, insurance, and more. Leveraging its proprietary technology and real time data, Mynd enables efficient operations at scale and has allowed for rapid market expansion into 24 markets. With 7000 units under management, Mynd is the first prop tech company of its kind to unlock the potential of a PMaaS architecture which combines technology and expert teams to deliver best-in-class services for investors. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments.
Were always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals across a wide variety of industries there is no ideal employee profile other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by great customer experience. Join us!
About the Role:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide oversight to all areas of property management from move-in to move-out. The Resident Services Manager (RSM) oversees a specific geographic portfolio and will use various forms of technology to work with current residents by attending to residents requests, coordinating rent collections activities, lease renewals and rent increases, notices to vacate, move outs, and deposit accounting. The RSM will be the subject expert matter on local ordinances affecting residential property management for single-family and multi-family (2-100 units) properties. Qualified candidates will have large scale residential property management experience, a passion for technology, and the drive to succeed in a fast-paced start-up team and environment.
- Oversee and provide guidance for our Resident Services Associates and Administrative Assistants for their assigned portfolio(s)
- Oversee daily property portfolio operations and tasks using various technology platforms which may include completion of (or managing completion o)f; resident and owner communications, rent collection, notice to vacates, move-outs, deposit accounting, evictions and non-renewals, renewals, administrative responsibilities, and accounts payables - in accordance with objectives and metrics
- Responsible for ensuring positive resident relations during oversight of all resident interactions using an internal case management system
- Attend to escalated resident and property related issues as they arise and document through successful resolution in specified property management system
- Manage operations month end audit of all units in portfolio
- Manage all electronic record keeping, including lease files for the residents in the assigned area; ensures file management quality control including document storage in proprietary database
- Responsible for completion of monthly lease renewals and/or changes to lease terms for established portfolio and in compliance with local and state regulations
- Provide feedback to the internal product departments to recommend workflow changes, technology enhancements to internal and vendor platforms, and act as primary tester for new releases to internal platform(s)
- Bachelors degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in real estate and/or property management
- Real Estate Salesperson License preferred
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on leading, developing and cultivating relationships
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal communications
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in multiple committees
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals
- Ability to create, implement, and manage a budget and generate financial reporting out of systems
- Proficient using property management software such as Yardi, MRI, AppFolio, Onesite and/or Propertyware
- Strong understanding of technology; including Google Applications, Microsoft Office Applications, and Mobile Applications
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
Always Be Entrepreneurial
Play Team First
Be an A Player
Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.