Applecart is a 40-person data science startup that has built a powerful platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between over 250M Americans.
Our data products help corporations, advocacy organizations, and political campaigns target their advertising in high stakes situations, ranging from b2b sales to legislative and regulatory issues to major political elections.
We are a venture-backed technology company that has received significant funding from everyone from global sports and entertainment leader William Morris Endeavor to KKRs Henry Kravis and senior executives at Twitter and Yelp. Over nearly 7 years of operating, we have powered some of the most sophisticated and successful political and advocacy campaigns in the country. Our work has been featured by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, The Washington Post, The Associated Press, USA Today, Politico, Morning Joe and The Colbert Report.
About the Role
As a Research Specialist at Applecart, you will be responsible for supporting a wide range of projects on behalf of advocacy, non-profit, and corporate clients. In this role, you will help in the delivery of best-in-class data and strategic tools to influential stakeholders in both the private and public sectors. You will work with a talented team of political and public affairs strategists, data scientists, and data analysts who, together, impact elections, policy outcomes, and marketing for Applecarts high profile clients. This is an hourly (30-35 hours per week with the possibility of overtime), 6-month contract position with the potential to convert to a full-time permanent position.
What Youll Do
- Assisting staff with research tasks
- Data entry and information management
- Attending and providing input during team meetings
- Identifying publicly available data sources
- Monitoring progress of research projects and coordinating information among staff
- Preparing analytical reports based on research findings
Who You Are
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast-paced, self-motivated environment
- Particularly sharp attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort and confidence in problem-solving as a team and autonomously
- Interest in understanding and executing data-driven decision making
- Flexible work schedule