Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role
As a Research Specialist at Applecart, you will be responsible for supporting a wide range of projects on behalf of advocacy, non-profit, and corporate clients. In this role, you will help in the delivery of best-in-class data and strategic tools to influential stakeholders in both the private and public sectors. You will work with a talented team of political and public affairs strategists, data scientists, and data analysts who, together, impact elections, policy outcomes, and marketing for Applecarts high profile clients. This is an hourly (20-35 hours per week with the possibility of overtime), 6-month position with the potential to convert to a full-time permanent position.
What Youll Do
- Assisting staff with research tasks
- Data entry and information management
- Attending and providing input during team meetings
- Identifying publicly available data sources
- Monitoring progress of research projects and coordinating information among staff
- Preparing analytical reports based on research findings
Who You Are
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast-paced, self-motivated environment
- Particularly sharp attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort and confidence in problem-solving as a team and autonomously
- Interest in understanding and executing data-driven decision making
- Flexible work schedule